2nd International Conference on the Adyghe Language
September 27-29, 2013 / Ankara
"I had a dream yesterday.
I cannot tell it to you.
Because it was in Ubykh..."
The Second International Conference on the Adyghe Language will be held in Ankara on September 27-29, 2013. The conference is organized by the Federation of the Caucasian Associations in Turkey (Kaffed).
The Second International Conference on the Adyghe Language is aimed at
1) raising awareness of the importance of cultural and linguistic diversity and drawing attention to issues regarding the Adyghe language, and
2) providing a forum for sharing experiences on Adyghe language education, developing new methods and materials to be used in teaching the Adyghe language to children and adults, formulating language education policies and proposals for the Adygea diaspora, and establishing working groups who can jointly develop new materials such as alphabet, text books, dictionaries, and visual materials.
- consider all languages as a heritage and richness of humanity,
- are concerned about the protection, survival and development of the Adyghe language, and
- are knowledgeable on Adyghe language education,
are kindly invited to participate in the Second International Conference on the Adyghe Language.
Federation of the Caucasian Associations
If you would like to present a paper at the conference, please submit the abstract of your paper to the Conference Secretariat by September 2, 2013. Papers will be accepted in Adyghe, Turkish and English. Translation between these languages will be provided at the conference to the extent possible.
Kafkas Dernekleri Federasyonu
Senyuva Meriç sokak No: 44, Bestepe
e-posta: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +90 312 222 8589